Monday, April 29, 2013

Shorts

It was almost 80˚ today, and although most of it was spent in my windowless office, I couldn't stop thinking about how good it would feel to finally get home and be greeted by Roo and the cats at the door, change into more comfortable clothes and talk a nice long walk in the park. While it was not the first time I have worn shorts this Spring, it was the most rewarding. The pair I picked were in a box at the top of my closet with most of my other Summer clothes where I put them when the weather turned and it seemed warm evenings were too far away to even dream about. They were a little tighter around the middle than I remember them being but I was determined to reclaim them, and once Dunc and I were outside and off-leash, with the sun beaming down on us and a cool breeze drifting across the newly-greened grass, they seemed to fit as well as ever. But the best part was that when I reached into the pocket I discovered not only a couple of crumpled doggy bags, but a nice crisp twenty dollar bill wrapped in a Hero's Pets receipt for a couple of bully sticks and a bag of Blueberry Pumpkin Cruncher treats.


If only all my clothes were this magical.

No comments: