Saturday, November 3, 2007

Company

This weekend Duncan's Aunt Traci is coming from Chicago for a quick visit. Traci and I met while working at CDW eight years ago and have been friends since. She's a fun person to be around and greatly different from the conservative, very Republican person I first met; now after 8 long years of beating the truth into her, I can actually tolerate being in the same room with her. Traci has made some remarkable changes in her life, all of which were witnessed by her own faithful, four-legged friends, Chloe and Murphy, both of whom are Beagles. If I didn't believe Murphy was Satan's dog, I might give them props for helping turn her into a real, live person. Instead, I'll just have to share the credit with Chloe.

It was because of Traci's arrival tonight (and my compulsive need to clean and clean again before I have guests–thanks, mom– that Duncan got a very short walk this afternoon, a quick whisk around the park and home again, home again, jiggity jig. But Traci suggested we take him for "a hike" tomorrow, which we might just do. It all depends of whether November wants to behave as though it's still October, or if it wants to pull what it pulled today by acting exactly like November.

Either way I doubt Duncan will care.

1 comment:

ruth said...

Speaking of the devil, have you seen that bumper sticker: RE-ELECT CHENEY FOR SATAN