Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Unwordlessness

While many of the blogs I follow participate in Wordless Wednesday I never have. After all, while my photography is fun and has brought tremendous depth to my blog, words are my passion, and as anyone who knows me can attest, it's nearly impossible to keep me quiet. I could ramble at length about the minutiae of my walks with Duncan, from the fragile, twiggish little brown mushrooms which have sprouted up under the recent, seemingly endless evening rainstorms to the long shadows cast by the ants on the sidewalks as they finish the last of the day's frantic business. I could describe the shapes of the clouds––billowous and white, wider than cities and taller than mountains––or the smell of grass in the mornings, sweet and damp, clean and green.

It is no surprise then that my first attempt at wordlessness on my internet outpost, at letting the eyes speak for themselves, has been a complete disaster.  But these are the eyes that touch me daily, that greet me in the morning, fall asleep against my hip each night and follow me in rapt attention during all the hours inbetween. These are the eyes that have opened my own and forever changed my life. I just thought you should know.


"See how nature––trees, flowers, grass––grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... 
We need silence to be able to touch souls." (Mother Teresa)

7 comments:

Berts Blog said...

For some reason I dont get a picture. I'll try back later cause I want to see a close up of Duncans eyes.

Bert

Ruby's Raiser said...

I think this Wordless Wednesday post is quite perfect. :)

Finn said...

They are beautiful!

Maxmom said...

Hey there Curt,
I always enjoy your writing and your descriptions. Initially I felt (and still feel) the same way about WW, but it's interesting to see what responses I get when I simply put up a singular photograph. The insight into our blogging friends is often invaluable. Often my friends provide interpretations that I'd never thought of before... I love learning things about my readers - and learning from them too.
Never-the-less, I agree - your unwordless rendition is perfect- or 'pawfect', if you prefer :)
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Why be wordless when you use words so eloquently?

AROOOOF!
Boondocks and The Love Shack Pack

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure I love you...

Oh, and Curt too.

Charlie said...

I hope you never find yourself wordless!